Serial to Ethernet Connector 8.0.1192
Released: December 13, 2021
- Added: new drivers signed by Microsoft.
- Added: support for Windows 11.
- Added: support for ARM-based systems.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 8.0.1173
Released: May 25, 2021
- Lots of minor fixes and improvements.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 8.0.1113
Released: June 1, 2020
- Added: a new improved user interface.
- Added: the list of remote connections available on the network.
- Added: the ability to pause active network connections.
- Added: the ability to break a specific connection.
- Added: the ability to reset the connection statistics.
- Discontinued: support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 7 versions. Serial to Ethernet Connector versions for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 2008 R2 SP1 are still supported.
- Added: the menu “For developers” with the options to open the OEM user manual, view code samples, and generate the OEM Redistribution Package. (In the OEM version only.)
Serial to Ethernet Connector 7.1.876
Released: January 30, 2017
- Improved: the drivers have passed WHQL certification and are now digitally signed by Microsoft.
- Fixed: a crash of the service on creating a client Telnet connection on a real COM port.
- Fixed: when creating a connection, changing the port number did not change the connection name.
- Fixed: when creating a connection, the “Create as virtual port” option ignored the port type.
- Fixed: virtual ports might not work after the system was woken up from sleep mode or booted with Fast Startup.
- Fixed: if the system went to sleep while data transfer was in progress, the communication was not resumed after waking up.
- Fixed: enabling the “Break connection if no activity for” option could cause an error on the server side.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 7.0.815
Released: October 5, 2016
- Fixed: a crash of the GUI when creating a connection on Windows 10 build 1607.
- Fixed: a crash of the service when creating identical Telnet connections via mirroring.
- Fixed: after editing the connection settings, the changes were occasionally not saved.
- Fixed: for client connections on Windows 10, adding a large number of remote hosts could result in high CPU load.
- Fixed: a crash of the GUI when rapidly toggling the "Turn On/Off SEC" button.
- Fixed: when a connection was lost, its status in the connection tree might not be updated.
- Fixed: reading of the connection list could sometimes fail with an error (OEM version).
- Fixed: a memory leak in the OEM usage samples.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 7.0.609
Released: May 25, 2016
- Added: a redesigned interface.
- Added: the ability to export/import the connections configuration (from the GUI as well as the command line).
- Added: the ability to set the size of the buffer or disable buffering altogether.
- Improved: performance when creating multiple virtual COM ports at a time.
- Improved: conditional data sending:
- you can now specify multiple conditions;
- the “Send data when received char with code” condition now accepts characters with ASCII codes above 127.
- Improved: on removing a connection, the virtual COM port is now deleted even when opened.
- Fixed: an issue where the GUI failed to connect to the service after reopening.
- Fixed: incorrect behavior of strict baud rate emulation.
- Fixed: some activation issues.
- Fixed: a crash of the service on attempt to create a virtual COM port with a long name.
- Fixed: a condition where a client connection set to communicate with a large number of servers could disappear after a reboot.
- Fixed: a crash of the GUI on attempt to send a mirror request.
- Fixed: a condition where a server would sometimes start listening for connections when not supposed to (i.e. when configured to start listening only when the COM port is opened, and the port was closed).
- Fixed: the service could become unresponsive on startup on some older processors.
- Fixed: with delayed sending enabled, the data could get split across multiple network packets.
- Fixed: the “Break connection if no activity” option was not functional.
- Fixed: a break signal from a device was not transmitted when using the Telnet protocol.
- Fixed: a few minor bugs related to flow control negotiation.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 6.1.530
Released: February 7, 2014
- Added: Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 support.
- Improved: data transfer when sharing fax machines.
- Fixed: incorrect manual reactivation in case there was no Internet connection.
- Fixed: SEC service failure when trying to successively delete multiple connections.
Serial to Ethernet Connector 6.1.524
Released: October 8, 2012
- Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 64-bit support;
- command line options are now available in single and demo builds of SEC (command-line activation is possible as well);
- connection parameters can be passed to SEC service via command line as an xml structure now.
- our drivers successfully passed Microsoft Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) tests and are digitally signed by Microsoft now.
- activation issue on Windows machine with Thai system locale caused by peculiarities of Thai calendar format;
- issue when SEC service was not responding while trying to establish telnet connection;
- SEC GUI and service performance issues caused by handle leak;
- rare cases of unexpected trial period expiration in SEC demo build after the system reboot;
- minor compatibility issues with the previous format of service management (for OEM License owners).
Serial to Ethernet Connector 6.0.500
Released: April 17, 2012
- new user interface with connections visualization for even easier connections creation and management;
- possibility to control serial ports (both on server and client sides) directly from your own application by executing dll functions (for OEM License owners);
- connections can be created, edited and deleted via command line now (for OEM License owners);
- possibility to turn off Serial to Ethernet Connector (Administrator rights required). Permits to temporarily disable created connections without deleting them;
- possibility to specify several remote computers for simultaneous UDP connection;
- sample client-server pair can be created to see how Serial to Ethernet Connector works;
- read/write access rights can be now configured basing on the last client's/server's activity;
- connection's summary and statistics are available upon click on the required connection in the tree;
- IPv6 support;
- support for the beta version of Windows 8;
- Serial to Ethernet Connector can be run and used (including the registration procedure) under user account;
- automatic check for updates.
- ring signal transferring mechanism;
- internal drivers became more stable:
- data transmission between virtual ports was improved. This makes data transmission lossless and helps avoid application hanging;
- data transmission on multicore systems was improved. This helps avoid data distortion and transmission hanging;
- virtual ports creation now consumes less CPU resources, which is useful when multiple connections are created.
- sending and receiving messages via shared fax machines became more stable.
- some cases of SEC Service failure when sending data to multiple connections at a time;
- issue when SEC Service failed to recreate some virtual ports after the system reboot;
- Telnet initialization issue when data was transferred prior to COM port parameters;
- multi-client technology issue. Now, even if one of servers does not respond, there is no delay in sending data to the rest of servers.
- new XML-based mode of communication with SEC Service (for OEM License owners);
- conditions for packets transmission can be set now for all connection types;
- statistics on sent/received bytes is now displayed separately for each host of the given connection - for all connection types;
- setting a period of time after which SEC will try to restore connection is now optional;
- read/write access rights can be now configured for all connection types;
- navigation through recently opened SEC tabs is available now;
- Windows NT4 is not supported anymore.