SyncMate’s Contacts plugin will help you keep your Mac’s contacts in sync with multiple devices.
- Direction. Synchronization can be performed in three directions:
- Contacts selection. It is possible to select all available contact groups or specify just the required ones.
Click “Refresh” to display the updated list of contact groups available for synchronization.
- First and last name order. Choose the order in which first and last name is displayed.
- Only phone numbers. Sync the contacts that contain a phone number only.
- Delete synchronized contacts. It is possible to clear synced contacts either on Mac or other side of synchronization. To wipe out the synchronization history, select the “Reset history” option.
These options will especially become useful, if one discovers the duplicates of the synced contacts. Simply delete synchronized contacts, reset history and sync the required contact group anew. However, we highly recommend to backup your contacts beforehand:
- Open Contacts.app;
- Click “File” in the menu bar at the top of the screen;
- Click “Export” → Contacts Archive.
To start contacts synchronization, please click “Apply” first to confirm the selected parameters, then select “Sync”.