USB Network Gate lets you access any USB device (printer, scanner, flash drive, human interface device, etc) that is located on a remote PC over LAN/WAN/VLAN/VPN or the Internet and use this device as if it were plugged to your local PC. All applications that work with the device won't see the difference and will treat it as a local one.
Additionally, there is no limit on the number of USB devices you may connect to, using USB Network Gate. Once a USB device is connected, you don't need to launch our application every time to be able to work with the device - it will be present at the system level at the boot time.
Share USB port over LAN/WAN/VLAN/VPN/Internet
To share a USB device between two or more PCs you have to move it around all the time or buy an expensive hardware USB switch (not the best solution if both computers are far from each other). Whenever you want to share any USB device over a local area network or even across the Internet and none of the traditional options work (extensive equipment, remote location, security issues, and so on), USB Network Gate will help you out.
Plug USB devices in virtual machines & blade servers
Looking for a way to connect a USB device to a virtual machine or share it among blade servers? Install USB Network Gate on a client operating system (virtual machine, blade server) and access your USB peripherals right away. We are VMware, VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, and Microsoft Hyper-V ready!
Access USB devices over Wi-Fi
There's no need to change your existing network configuration to let your employees share a new USB device - it can be accessed wirelessly from desktops and laptops in your office. All you have to do is share a USB printer, scanner, or another device on a single PC, and each of your network users will be able to work with a shared device as if it were connected to their computers.
How does it work?
USB Network Gate server module intercepts USB port activity for the prepared (shared) device and redirects it via TCP/IP network to a remote site, where it is handled appropriately by the USB Network Gate client module. Both client and server features of USB Network Gate are included in one compact installer.
In fact, USB Network Gate shares USB ports rather than devices. As the benefit of this approach, you may plug in a USB device, work with it at the remote host, detach the device and plug in another one, and it will automatically appear at the remote client’s side. Did we mention that USB Network Gate supports Plug-and-Play?
● 7-day trial;
● You can share only one local USB device.
The Licensing policy is based on the number of devices you can share, not the number of people using the shared device. For example, Single License for one shared USB device allows you to share one device only, though any number of people can connect to this shared device and utilize it.
Besides, the SDK License allows you to integrate USB Network Gate's great features into your own software!
It's important to know!
● Shared USB devices are inaccessible for local usage!
● The password won't be asked when accessing shared USB devices in remote desktop sessions. This is caused by the fact that Microsoft RDP protocol uses its own password protection. USB Network Gate encryption won't be used as well, as an internal RDP encryption algorithm will be used.
Full feature list:
● Share your USB device with others over the local network or the Internet using a single application
● Access shared USB devices in a remote desktop session
● Share an unlimited number of USB devices
● USB v3.0 compatible
● Auto-connection to new USB devices whenever you plug them in
● Monitor all actions and operations, which USB Network Gate is handling, in the Activity log
● Specify the exact TCP port, which will be used in connection
● Secure your connection by password authentication and traffic encryption
● Shared USB ports are automatically re-configured every time you boot your PC
● Traffic compression
● OHCI, UHCI and EHCI standards are supported
● Fully compatible with Hyper-threading and multi-processor systems
● Works under virtual machines
● Compatible with USB Network Gate for Windows and Linux
● Integrate USB to Ethernet technology into your own applications (SDK License only)
● Fully commented source code and lots of examples provided (SDK License only)