Note: The driver installation method described below applies to the SDK version only.
The SDK Redistributable Package includes the following subdirectories with the virtual serial port driver for different operating systems:
- NT5 - for 32-bit Windows XP and 2003;
- NT5x64 - for 64-bit Windows XP and 2003;
- NT6 - for Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019;
- NT6x64 - for 64-bit Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10/11, Windows Server 2012/2016/2019;
- NT6ARM64 - for ARM-based Windows systems.
To install the driver on a target system, do the following:
1. For automatic installation, copy to the target system the drivers for all platforms (i.e. all directories from NT5 to NT6x64) as well as vspdxp_install.exe.
Then run vspdxp_install.exe to let it automatically detect the OS and install the appropriate driver.
When required, you can uninstall the driver installed this way by running vspdxp_install.exe /u.
2. For manual installation on a specific platform, copy only the directory that corresponds to your system (e.g. NT5 for Windows XP or NT6x64 for Windows 7 64-bit) and run vsbsetup.exe inside it.
When required, you can uninstall the driver installed this way by running vsbsetup.exe /u.