To be able to use Serial to Ethernet Connector's features within your application, the main modules of SEC should be deployed on target machines (you can include them as a part of your software installation and silently deploy them on your clients' computers).
Please, note that you need to own an SDK license to be able to redistribute Serial to Ethernet Connector without any limitations. Only the SDK License grants commercial royalty-free redistribution rights.
The SDK Redistribution Package is a zip archive containing the files that are needed for SEC installation on the target computers.
To generate the SDK Redistribution Package, you should do the following:
- Activate your copy of Serial to Ethernet Connector using the SDK Activation Code that you received after the purchase of the SDK License.
- Once activated, click the button Get Redistribution Package in the window that will open or select For developers > Get Redistribution Package from the main menu.
- Save the Redistribution Package on your computer.
Note: The SDK version does not provide access to the user interface and basic features of Serial to Ethernet Connector. To access the user interface of Serial to Ethernet Connector, you should reactivate the software using your Single License Activation Code (provided to you as a free bonus after the SDK license purchase).
- Install virtual serial port driver
- Create connections in the registry
- Copy the Serial to Ethernet Connector service (sec_service.exe) and install it
- Stop the service by executing the following command: sec_service.exe disable
- Unregister the service
- Remove the key from the Windows registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Team\SEC\Config - for 32-bit operating systems
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Team\SEC\Config - for 64-bit operating systems
- Remove the driver
- Remove all other files about your application